The purpose of the Tennessee Counseling Association is twofold: to provide a unity of focus for professionals in counseling and human development in Tennessee and to enhance and promote the counseling profession.
Our goals are:
- To provide a united organization through which all persons engaged or interested in the counseling profession can exchange ideas, seek solutions to common problems, and encourage personal and professional growth across the lifespan.
- To promote high professional standards in counseling to increase public confidence and trust through program development, continuing education, accountability and the ethical conduct of counselors across Tennessee.
- To advocate for the counseling profession in Tennessee through dissemination of information to counselors and the public at large, promotion of needed legislation and monitoring of legislation pertaining to the counseling profession, identification of current and needed professional counseling opportunities, positions, and programs in Tennessee, and provision of continuing education opportunities.
- To promote the acceptance and value of individual differences and the holistic well-being of all individuals across the lifespan.
- To identify and provide continuing education opportunities to encourage professional growth, creativity, research, accountability, and service in the counseling profession in Tennessee.
- To encourage and support the work of divisions and chapters of the Tennessee Counseling Association.
The mission of the Tennessee Counseling Association is to enhance the quality of life in Tennessee and society by promoting the development of professional counselors, advancing the counseling profession, and using the profession and practice of counseling to promote respect for human dignity and diversity.
TENNESSEE COUNSELING ASSOCIATION
**Click on names for email**
TCA COMMITTEE CHAIRS:
Bylaws: Kitty Pruett
Ethics: Shawn Spurgeon
Human Rights: Jake Morris
Membership: Jordan Culp
Publications: Kristen Way and Johnathan Williams
Public Policy and Legislation: Lisa Henderson
Strategic Planning: Skip Ruzicka
Archives: Eva Gibson
NBCC Liaison: Chloe Lancaster
Social Media: Kat Coy and Bailey Mays
President: Jonie S. Oliver
President-elect: De’Edra Lewis-Johnson
President: Gina Frieden
President-elect: Deborah Buchanan
President: Okessa Edwards
President-elect: Hattie Isen
President: Heather Smith
President-elect: Mildred “Suzie” Dukic
President: Brock Searcy
President-elect: Lauren Martin
President: Lauren Baker
President-elect: Josh Stanley
Cumberland: **Inactive **
President: Madge Gregory
President: Aimee Evans
President-elect: Catina Miller
President: Carnequa Kennedy
President-elect: Lacrecia Dangerfield
President: Angela Cahill
President-elect: Mary Gilbert
President: Terri Yates
President: Megan Herscher
President-elect: Nacole Gwathney
President: Roela Reed
President-elect: Colleen Weems
President: Sharon Rees
President-elect: Jonie Oliver
President-elect-elect: Johnathan Williams
President: Joe Murphy, Jr.
President: Steve Zankas