Welcome to the website for the Tennessee Mental Health Counselors Association!
TMHCA’s mission is to develop, strengthen, support, unify, and promote professional mental health counselors in Tennessee.
TMHCA strives to:
- facilitate meaningful and value-packed continuing education and networking opportunities
- clarify and promote licensure and licensure application
- coordinate, unify, and enhance advocacy efforts to promote the profession
- connect counselors with one another for support and self-care
- support and foster ethical practice and quality mental health care in TN
Allison McGavin, M.Ed., LPC-MHSP
Private Practice Counselor and Primary Therapist at JourneyPure
Jane Joyce, LPC-TEMP
Graduate Assistant, William Blevins Institute for Mental Health and Spirituality
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, call now. Help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 855-CRISIS-1 or 855-274-7471