TSCA has been organized:
- To unite in one organization all persons engaged or interested in any phase of school counseling in Tennessee.
- To maintain and improve professional standards in the field of school counseling in Tennessee.
- To support and coordinate school counseling professional development in Tennessee.
- To disseminate information and focus public attention on legislation that in any way impacts counseling at the K-12 school level in Tennessee.
- To serve as an agency for information pertinent to school counselors.
- To cooperate with the chapters and divisions of the Tennessee Counseling Association on any matters pertinent to school counseling concerns.
- To inform members and to further the goals and objectives of the organization.
- To ensure that there shall be no discrimination against any individual in this organization on the basis of race, color, religion, handicap, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, or age, and to urge individuals and groups outside the organization to pursue the same policy.
The mission of the Tennessee School Counselors Association is to actively promote excellence in the profession of school counseling and to provide member support through professional development, advocacy, leadership, accountability, and collaboration.
President: Lauren Baker
President-Elect: Dr. Joshua Stanley
President-Elect-Elect: Dr. Chloe Lancaster
Past President: Blair Mynatt
Secretary: Tammy Felix
Treasurer: Patricia King
Ethics Chair: Johnathan Williams
Social Media Chair: Laura Filtness
Regional Membership Representatives:
NE TN: Amanda Stills
East TN: Nacole Steward Gwathney
South TN: Angela Cahill
Middle TN: Open
West TN: Carla Christian
Graduate Student Rep: Monica Coleman