We are glad you have taken the time to stop by our site and find out a little more about us. Memphis is not only the home of the Blues, but home to the largest chapter of the Tennessee Counseling Association. Our organization welcomes counselors of all disciplines including School, Mental Health, Rehabilitation, as well as Counselor Educators and Counseling Students. Our tent is a large and open one that warmly welcomes all those interested in on-going professional development and the advancement of the profession. We meet four times a year in September, November, January, and March. At our meetings we always share a good meal, hear an excellent speaker discussing an important counseling topic or technique, and enjoy the camaraderie of our fellow counselors. In June we present our Annual One-Day Summer Conference in cooperation with The University of Memphis, Counseling, Educational Psychology & Research Department. Please take a moment to check our “Schedule” for our next event. We hope to see you at one of our events soon!
- To unite in one organization all persons engaged or interested in any phase of counseling and developmental work in West Tennessee to include Shelby, Fayette, and Tipton Counties.
- To maintain and improve professional standards in the fields of counseling and development.
- To encourage the development of counseling and developmental activities in the West Tennessee area.
- To serve as an agency for information pertinent to present or contemplated counseling and developmental programs in West Tennessee and the State of Tennessee.
- To disseminate information and focus public attention on legislation in any way affecting counseling or development activities in West Tennessee or the State of Tennessee.
- To champion against discrimination in any form including race, religion, sex, age, or sexual orientation.
The TCA Human Rights Committee and the West Tennessee Counseling Association invite you to attend the following Professional Development opportunity:
Assisting Refugees in the Memphis Area
Presented by Jamie Jones, Executive Director of
A nonprofit organization that exists to help refugees achieve a successful resettlement
When: Saturday, April 14, 2018 9:00-11:00a.m.
Where: The University of Memphis
Ball Hall 124
*continental breakfast will be served*
If you would like to attend, please RSVP by Thursday, April 12 to firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Contact hours will be available (Free for members, $10.00 for Non-Members, cash or check). Seating is limited, so reserve your spot today!
WTCA 4th and Final General Meeting
7th Annual WTCA Summer Conference
Pre-Cons: Friday, June 8th
Conference: Saturday, June 9th
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: University Center at The University of Memphis
499 University St. Memphis, TN 38152
Lunch will be provided
For details call Sharon Rees @ 901-438-1573
For full information about the event, click here.